Giving to All Saints’
An important part of being a Christian and a member of a Church is deciding how to much give of our time, our talents and our money to help with God’s work.
In All Saints’ Church we take this process of stewardship seriously and base it on the following principles:
- There is no obligation on anybody or any pressure to give. This is in line with
2 Corinthians 9:7 ‘Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.’
- We recognise that all that we have comes from God and that when we give our time and our money to his work we are giving back to him what He has so generously given to us. See 1 Chronicles 29:14 ‘For all things come from you of your own we have given you.’
- The level of financial support offered by individuals is confidential. Matthew 6:3 ‘But when you give, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.’
- We have a regular Stewardship programme where the focus of the church’s teaching is on giving.
- We value both time and money freely given.
- We keep all those who support the work of the church informed through newsletters and updates at the Annual Church Meeting.
- We thank people for their gifts formally at least once a year.
- We aim to use the gifts wisely and to choose the best we can afford for God without being inappropriately extravagant.
- We give away at least ten per cent of the church’s unrestricted giving to support projects that are in line with the mission of the church but that reach places or people outside of the Parish.
- We encourage people to plan their giving and take advantage of tax efficient methods of giving.
To give regularly to All Saints’, contact the Stewardship Co-ordinator via the Parish Office and ask for a Parish Giving Scheme pack. If you are a UK taxpayer, please fill in a Gift Aid form too, as it will increase your gift by at least 25 per cent.
To talk to someone about giving to All Saints’, please contact our Stewardship Co-Ordinator via the Parish Office.
You can also give to All Saints’ without it costing you anything. Just use Easy Fundraising’s website - click through when you are shopping online and we will receive a donation.