Church during COVID-19
There are services in the church and hall at 10am every Sunday.
There is a Sunday service each week in the church at 10am, and all-age worship in the hall at the same time. There are limited places, but everyone is welcome.
We will be continuing with our online service, also at 10am available on our YouTube channel, where you will also find our Fun at Home session for the very young. There will be a common theme in the readings and sermon for both the online and live service in church.
If you are joining for the service in church or hall, please take note of the following:
- Firstly, do not come to church if you feel unwell.
- If you have any symptoms that might be due to COVID-19, you must not come to the service as you will place others at risk. Instead, book a test and self-isolate whilst you await the results.
- Please try and arrive by 9:45am - this will give the welcome team time to seat you whilst maintaining social distancing. Please wait for a welcomer to show you to a seat.
- Face masks - these became mandatory on Saturday 8th August, so please come prepared.
- The service in church will be shorter than usual, 30-40 minutes, and although there will be music to listen to, please note that there can be no singing.
- If bringing a donation, please place any coins in an envelope, or ideally make it paper-based (notes or a cheque).
- There will be no refreshments after the service.
- The toilets in the hall will be open.
- If arriving by car and parking in the churchyard, please park only at the front (Parish Office end). The churchyard needs to be kept free at the vestry end.
- And finally, remember that some people will have found lockdown, and coming out of it, very stressful. Try and be sensitive and avoid downplaying the severity of the pandemic. Although you may have felt it’s been nothing serious, others may have been affected in a very different way. Remember to be kind.
Each Wednesday, there are two acts of worship in the Church that you are welcome to join:
- 11am - 12pm one of the clergy will offer a ‘Bible and Prayer‘ hour with short readings and a prayer on each quarter hour. Please come and go as you wish.
- 2.30pm we will re-run the pre-recorded service from the previous Sunday. Do tell those not usually able to see the service online that this is available, it is of course for anyone who has been unable to see the service that week.
Tuesday and Thursday Morning Prayer
If you would like to join these sessions, held over Zoom, you can find the link in The Vicar’s midweek message sent by email. If you do not receive this email but would like to do so, please email David Sigsworth and ask to be added to the distribution list.